A Climate Crisis
STEMLINC Video Conference: Understand climate change by participating in this video conference delivered live from the Liberty Science Center, New Jersey USA. Explore the causes and impacts of climate change using Science On a Sphere, the digital globe developed by NOAA to bring Earth’s processes vividly alive. Collaborate to brainstorm creative solutions to address the vital issue of climate change. (Note: ZOOM platform only)
Year Levels: 6-8
Duration: 50 minutes
STEM in a box: No
Climate change can be defined as a change in the long term average weather. By looking at the long term average weather patterns we are able to track any changes at locations globally. As Scientists what other evidence do we have that climate change is happening?
No prior knowledge is required.
In this program students will:
- explore engaging visual representations of climate change globally
- understand how climate change is affecting life on Earth
- question why climate change is happening and what makes the greenhouse effect
In this video conference students will:
- interact with the expert educational presenters live from Liberty Science Center USA
Science – Biological Science
- The growth and survival of living things are affected by the physical conditions of their environment (VCSSU075)
Science – Chemical Science
- Changes to materials can be reversible, including melting, freezing, evaporating, or irreversible, including burning and rusting (VCSSU077)
Science – Earth and Space Science
- Sudden geological changes or extreme weather conditions can affect Earth’s surface (VCSSU079)
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy
- When you book you will receive an automated message from Eventbrite. Save this carefully please.
- Any cancellations need to be received in time for STEMLinc to re-sell your tickets to other teachers.
- Please use the Eventbrite confirmation email to facilitate any cancellation of your booking. That will automatically release your ticket for re-sale on our system.
Booking Options: There are two options for this program:
1. Fixed STEMLinc dates/times for booking this event will appear each term in the table below.
2. Schools with a minimum of 3 classes wishing to book alternate dates should contact STEMLinc directly to negotiate a suitable date and time. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ecolinc will cover the costs for a limited number of alternate date bookings each term.
|Date and Time||Ticket available||Booking link|
|Thu 23/03/2023 |
09:30 AM - 10:30 AM