Critters In The Cold
STEMLINC video conferencing: Learn about the adaptations animals have that enable them to survive in extreme weather with hands-on experiments. Take a virtual trip to Antarctica to learn how animals, such as penguins, live and have babies during extreme weather. Ecolinc works in partnership with the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum in providing this opportunity for Victorian school students. (CISCO Webex)
Year Level: P – 2
Duration: 50 minutes
STEM in a box: Yes
The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum (MI, USA) provides an opportunity for people of all ages to discover and enjoy the wonder of science, maths and technology in an interactive environment that promotes science literacy through experimentation, exploration, and education. Their distance learning programs are as interactive and hands-on as a visit to the museum! All programs include a kit of materials that includes everything students need to engage with their educators.
No prior knowledge is required.
In this program students will:
- compare how different animals stay warm
- explore the needs and adaptations of animals who live in extreme weather
In this video conference students will:
- discuss how humans stay warm in cold conditions
- learn how animals stay warm
- participate in a virtual trip to Antarctica with Pat the puppet penguin
- interact with the presenter live from the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum, USA
Science – Biological Sciences – Science Understanding
- Living things have a variety of external features and live in different places where their basic needs, including food, water and shelter, are met. VCSSU042
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy
- When you book you will receive an automated message from Eventbrite. Save this carefully please.
- Any cancellations need to be received in time for STEMLinc to re-sell your tickets to other teachers.
- Please use the Eventbrite confirmation email to facilitate any cancellation of your booking. That will automatically release your ticket for re-sale on our system.
|Date and Time||Ticket available||Booking link|
|Term||Lesson Date/time||Click to book (Note 1 ticket = a class of 25 students)|