Snakes and the Scientific Method
STEMLINC video conferencing: After practicing observational skills of reptiles such as snakes, students will apply the scientific method as they attempt to discover one of the snake’s natural habitats. They will perform an experiment, learn how to use evidence to solve problems and answer questions, and test new knowledge with a snake in a mystery habitat! Ecolinc is working in collaboration with the Ann Arbor Hands-on Museum for this video conferencing opportunity. (CISCO Webex)
Year Levels: 5 – 6
Duration: 50 minutes
STEM in a box:
Yes (Handouts to be printed by each school)
The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum provides an opportunity for people of all ages to discover and enjoy the wonder of science, math and technology in an interactive environment that promotes science literacy through experimentation, exploration, and education. Their distance learning programs are as interactive and hands-on as a visit to their museum! All programs include a kit of materials that includes everything students need to engage with their educators.
No prior knowledge is required.
In this program students will:
- understand the main steps to performing the scientific method
- learn 3 main adaptations that snakes possess
- communicate and share results and findings based on observations
In this video conference students will:
- observe various snakes utilising the scientific method
- share results and conclusions
- review and assess a ‘mystery snake’
- interact with the presenter live from Ann Arbor Museum, USA
Science: Biological Sciences: Science Understanding
- Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them to survive in their environment (VCSSU074)
- The growth and survival of living things are affected by the physical conditions of their environment (VCSSU075)
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy
- When you book you will receive an automated message from Eventbrite. Save this carefully please.
- Any cancellations need to be received in time for STEMLinc to re-sell your tickets to other teachers.
- Please use the Eventbrite confirmation email to facilitate any cancellation of your booking. That will automatically release your ticket for re-sale on our system.
|Date and Time||Ticket available||Booking link|
|Term||Lesson Date/time||Click to book (Note 1 ticket = a class of 25 students)|