Ancient Australian Animals
Australia has a long fossil history with some dating back over 3 billion years ago. There are many ancient animals that are found nowhere else in the world. Explore key fossil site across Australia to discover more about these amazing animals. This video conference is presented in collaboration with Australian Environmental Education. (Note: ZOOM platform only) (Image: Karen Player)
Year Levels: 3 – 6
Duration: 1 hour
STEM in a box:
This session will look at what fossils are and how they are made. There are many different fossil sites in Australia:
- Shark Bay WA Stromatolites 3 billion years ago
- Ediacaran SA Early life 570 million years ago
- Canowindra NSW Armour plated fish 360 million years ago
- Strzeleki Ranges Vic Australian Dino 115 million years ago
- Winton Qld Australian Dino 110 million years ago
- Lightening Ridge NSW Early Mammals 110 million years ago
- Dinosaur Cove Vic Australian Dino 106 million years ago
- Riversleigh Qld Megafauna 18 million years ago
- Naracoorte Caves SA Megafauna 300,000 years ago
No prior knowledge is required.
In this program students will:
- learn about classifications of vertebrates and non-living things
- identify and compare the adaptive features of ancient Australian animals
In this video conference students will:
- look at real fossils
- cover geological time scale
- explore fossil sites across Australia
- interact with the presenter live from Australian Environmental Education
Biological Science – Science understanding
- Living thing can be grouped on the basis for observable features and can be distinguished from non-living things VCSSU057
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy
- When you book you will receive an automated message from Eventbrite. Save this carefully please.
- Any cancellations need to be received in time for STEMLinc to re-sell your tickets to other teachers.
- Please use the Eventbrite confirmation email to facilitate any cancellation of your booking. That will automatically release your ticket for re-sale on our system.
|Date and Time||Ticket available||Booking link|
|Click to book (Note 1 ticket = a class of 25 students)|