Video Conference Events Calendar (Bookings now open for 2020)
Real-time dial-in events are coordinated by Ecolinc throughout the year to provide schools with another option for engagement in STEM learning.
Full details of planned events are available through our STEM Linc Calendar. New events will feature in our regular Ecolinc newsletters to schools and on the homepage of Ecolinc Learn onLine (scroll down to ‘Featured Events’).
Click below to visit the Calendar:
- Locate the event you wish to attend.
- Look for the registration link and click it.
- Complete your registration details using Eventbrite.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration with the dial-in details & CISCO technology support (Please see below).
Are these events free?
Currently STEM Linc events are free of charge. Numbers are limited for some events to ensure opportunities for student interactivity with presenters.
Engaging STEM Content
Ecolinc collaborates with many interesting STEM specialist content providers, scientists and organisations. STEM Linc will provide students with an array of interesting opportunities delivered directly into classroom. For some programs you will receive by snail mail a special classroom kit of materials to use during the video conference session.
How can I connect from my classroom?
Late in 2018 all Victorian government schools were equipped with CISCO Webex licences and equipment. At Ecolinc we realise that not all teachers will be up to speed with the use of this CISCO equipment yet. (Polycom and Skype for Office is fine too for our events.) In some cases the equipment your school elected to get may not be located in an easily accessible spot for you to take your students to. The good news is that we can dial in using our own teacher laptops and built-in webcams. By projecting the laptop image up on your classroom whiteboard and activating its sound, students will have a very engaging experience!
Image: Classes linked to Reef HQ Great Barrier Reef
- Download our simple Webex Dial-in Assistance handout click here.
Introducing Professor Noah Lott
In the coming months a suite of STEM events featuring Ecolinc’s Professor Noah Lott will become available on our STEM Linc calendar. Professor Lott is our resident expert in all things STEM. Co-starring some of Ecolinc’s most colorful live-in creature residents Professor Lott’s telecasts are sure to capture your imagination!
Keep an eye out for these as they are bound to book out early!
|Image: Professor Noah Lott in his lab at Ecolinc
Image: Learning about our Great Barrier Reef by talking live to the diver.
Image: The Continental Drift Event – building flat pack volcanoes.
Image : Classes linked to Reef HQ Great Barrier Reef
Feedback after STEM Linc Events
We appreciate your feedback after attending our events.
|“Our students loved the experience. We can’t wait to do more with your program.”
Lang Lang Primary School
|“Thankyou so much for involving us in the live dive it was amazing and the children got a lot out of it.”
Chris Walker St. Albans PS
First in best dressed! Book on Eventbrite today and I will be in touch!
Using the CISCO Equipment in your Victorian Government school.
(Non-government schools please install the Teams software on your laptop. You can join our special events and project your laptop to a whiteboard)
1. What equipment did your school get?
There were four options for Victorian government schools to select from.
Click your school’s CISCO equipment and download your Getting Started Help Sheets :
- The Webex Free Standing Board (Please note that currently there is a recognised Webex board ‘glitch’ when connecting to a meeting involving an outside provider who is using Polycom. Therefore we currently recommend teachers use Webex Teams software on their laptops and simply connect to a classroom projector or whiteboard with mic and speakers. Download our Dial-in Assistance handout here.)
- The Desk Kit
- CISCO Small Room Kit
- CISCO Large Room Kit
2. Get the software for your laptop – you can simply join the event from your laptop and project it through your classroom whiteboard that way. Get the Webex Team software at http://www.webex.com/downloads
Online Learning Modules
Click here to visit the online Learning Modules. (Edumail username and password required)
Which modules should you complete?
- Webex Teams (Everyone should do these modules. This is the Webex Team software you have now installed on your laptop(see above). It will allow you to start your own meetings. You will also use it to seamlessly access our special STEM events.)
- Webex Board (Only do this if your school ordered the free standing Webex Board for your school)
- Webex Room Kit (Only do this if your school ordered the Webex Room kit for your school)
- Webex Desk Kit (Only do this if your school ordered a desk kit you will be using)
Request Professional Development Skill-Up Sessions for your Victorian Government school
Professional development Skill-Up Sessions commence
Email: email@example.com to request training for your school staff
Keep an on this page for further learning and development opportunities and upcoming activities
For assistance with digital learning and IT planning, register for region based ICT planning workshops. See: https://www.edustar.vic.edu.au/Pages/Planning.aspx
Each Victorian Region currently has a video conferencing coach to assist schools:
- North eastern Victoria: Caroline Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org
- North western Victoria: Lili Cvetkovic email@example.com
- South eastern Victoria: Grant Gains firstname.lastname@example.org
- South western Victoria: Traci Robins email@example.com
Above: Joanna from Reef HQ Great Barrier Reef