Australian Animal Adventures
Explores the diversity of animals that live in your local area. Look for the clues that are left behind to discover more about these amazing animals. Students will look at local animals living in their backyards and find out what they can do to protect them. This video conference is presented in collaboration with Australian Environmental Education. (Note: ZOOM platform only) (Image: Karen Player)
Year Levels: P – 2
Duration: 1 hour
STEM in a box:
Downloadable resources here.
Lots of animals live in our backyards. Some are nocturnal, some leave their footprints, others build their nests and burrows. Make students more aware of animal activity in their local environment.
No prior knowledge is required.
In this program students will:
- learn about classifications in the animal kingdom
- identify habitats and apply geographical tools for inquiry based learning
- develop knowledge of sustainability practices and interactions between people, places and environments
In this video conference students will:
- classify vertebrates and invertebrates
- identify habitats, scats, tracks and traces
- engage in field work practices and observations
- interact with the presenter live from Australian Environmental Education
Science – Biological Sciences
- Living things have a variety of external features and live in different places where their basic needs, including food, water and shelter, are met. VCSSU042
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy
- When you book you will receive an automated message from Eventbrite. Save this carefully please.
- Any cancellations need to be received in time for STEMLinc to re-sell your tickets to other teachers.
- Please use the Eventbrite confirmation email to facilitate any cancellation of your booking. That will automatically release your ticket for re-sale on our system.
|Date and Time||Ticket available||Booking link|
|Thu 15/02/2024 |
02:00 PM - 03:00 PM
|4||Click to book|
|Term||Lesson Date/time||Click to book (Note 1 ticket = a class of 25 students)|