VCES Space Junk Salvaging Satellites
Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series: Space Junk: Salvaging Satellites has been designed for high ability Years 5-6 students. Space Scientist Brett Carter will begin by leading an exciting presentation followed by a Q&A session. He grew up in Altona and specialises in satellite/space junk tracking and space weather. A short break will then be followed by an engaging hands-on session where our junior space engineers, will experiment with the force of drag as they design ways of slowing space junk re-entry into earth’s atmosphere. (Image Creator: Johannes Gerhardus Swanepoel)
- There are limited numbers of tickets available. Only ONE ticket of up to 25 high ability students per school for each event.
- NOTE: This is targeted for rural and regional students.
- Program VCES Salvaging Satellites flyer
How to book your group
- Book your students into either the morning or afternoon session NOT both.
- Tickets can be booked using the link below (NOTE: one ticket is for a group of up to 25 students)
- Download and complete the attached ‘Student_details’ spreadsheet Student_details and email this through to STEMLinc email@example.com
After your booking is confirmed
Please download the parental invitation and student nomination forms and distribute them to the families of the students.
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy
- When you book you will receive an automated message from Eventbrite. Save this carefully please.
- Any cancellations need to be received in time for STEMLinc to re-sell your tickets to other teachers.
- Please use the Eventbrite confirmation email to facilitate any cancellation of your booking. That will automatically release your ticket for re-sale on our system.
|Date and Time||Ticket available||Booking link|