You, Me and Sustainability (Upper Primary)
Year Level: 5 – 6
Duration: 1 hour
STEM in a box: No but a rubric handout will be sent through for use during the lesson.
Background Information: MoAD (the Museum of Australian Democracy) is located in the spiritual home of Australian democracy—Old Parliament House. At MoAD Learning we engage and inform young citizens, empowering them to use their voice and agency. Our digital excursions allow your students to investigate their role in our democracy by exploring historic spaces, participating in engaging interactive activities and developing their critical thinking, historical inquiry and STEM skills. We encourage students to use the inquiry approach to investigate and explore opportunities for change, and to learn how they can use their voice to make a difference.
No prior knowledge is required.
In this program students will:
- discuss, question and imagine ways they can make a difference within our democratic system
- consider simple changes they can make to support sustainability
- learn how important their voice can be in making change
In this video conference students will:
- discuss how their voice can be heard within our democracy
- explore heritage spaces within the MoAD building
- participate in discussions around sustainable materials and making sustainable choices
- hear from young people making positive changes for our environment
- use STEM thinking and the inquiry process to evaluate their own lunchbox and consider one sustainable change they could make
Science – Science as a human endeavour
- Scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions are used to inform personal and community decisions and to solve problems that directly affect people’s lives (VCSSU073)
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy
- When you book you will receive an automated message from Eventbrite. Save this carefully please.
- Any cancellations need to be received in time for STEMLinc to re-sell your tickets to other teachers.
- Please use the Eventbrite confirmation email to facilitate any cancellation of your booking. That will automatically release your ticket for re-sale on our system.
|Date and Time||Ticket available||Booking link|
|Tue 17/10/2023 |
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
|Fri 27/10/2023 |
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
|3||Click to book|
|Tue 21/11/2023 |
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
|1||Click to book|
|Term||Lesson Date/time||Click to book (Note 1 ticket = a class of 25 students)|